Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dream Away All My Troubles

I've been having a nice time sleeping lately. I mean the normal sleep a guy gets at night. I haven't been sleeping through the day, anything unusual, an occasional nap on Sunday afternoon.

But as for sleeping at night, I finally decided I need a pretty solid eight hours. I feel spacey and weird after too many days cutting it short. So I've reconciled myself to the idea that this has to be done, even though at certain times in my life it has seemed like a waste. I'm envious of people who say they sleep five-six hours a day and feel fine. If only ...

OK, but since I get up at 5:30 a.m., that means going to bed at 9:30 at night. Meaning I'm missing a lot of interesting stuff on TV that I used to watch. 9:30 is almost there and I'm hustling around doing all the stuff I need to get done so I can be in bed more or less at that time. Usually I fall asleep very quickly, generally by 9:45 or 10:00 at the latest; it all depends.

The nice time I mentioned is this, that I wake up numerous times throughout the night, look at the clock, and fall back to sleep immediately. I like doing that, because sometimes I'll feel like the whole night is gone, then I'll look at the clock and only a couple hours has passed. Meaning I still have lots to go. I did that last night. I woke up at 1:30 or 2:30 and thought hmmm. Then right back to sleep. Then when my alarm was about to go off I woke up again and it was 5:26, and I thought well, it doesn't work every time. Eventually your bonus rounds run out!

But I'm very faithful at getting up, since I can objectively say to myself, it was eight hours!