Friday, March 27, 2009

Maury Lost Out On This One

The British lad who was dubbed Britain's youngest dad is now out, thanks to a DNA test.

It turns out Chantelle, Alfie's girlfriend and the new mother of Maisie, appears to have not been entirely faithful to him. Other boys stepped forward claiming they also slept with her.

I love the thing, then, young Alfie (13) says about getting a DNA test: "I didn't know about DNA tests before but mum explained it's when they do a swab in your mouth and it tells if you're the dad. So if I have it, they can all shut up."

His mum said, "It had not even crossed Alfie's mind whether Chantelle had not been faithful to him. He's absolutely devastated that these lads say they slept with her."

He's a kid himself. He's not supposed to know about DNA tests. He's not supposed to be worrying whether the mother of his alleged baby was faithful. I can imagine myself at 12, which was his age when this all started. I was daydreaming about maybe someday holding hands.