Thursday, March 19, 2009

American Idol Last Night

Well, Alexis Grace had to be the one last night with the lowest number of votes. I really really liked here there for a while. But I don't know, the song "Jolene" is a little wimpy. Instead of showing her "softer side" she probably should have kept up the pace and let the softer side come in later.

I always liked the song. I used to hear Dolly doing it years ago and I believe I have the record somewhere. But I've never been that interested in hearing cover versions of it. After a certain amount of hearing it, there's not much there. There's definitely not enough to it to make it an interesting American Idol pick. So I was bored by it when she did it.

Last night she made it slightly more interesting but Simon Cowell said it wasn't enough to get the judges' save. I didn't expect them to use the judge's save -- since they only get it once. I think this early you just let things thin out as nature dictates. Unless the person getting the lowest amount of votes is really someone with killer talent, like Adam or Danny or Lil. Some of the others have great talent too but I still find them boring.

Adam's the only one I really care about. I was hoping he'd make it OK and he did. Any of the others get voted out I won't be too heartbroken.