Friday, March 20, 2009

A Follower

I hate to be too self referential but I have a follower. I'm full of questions, such as "What now?" Should I be serving tea and cookies?

Maybe I was an idiot for putting the follower widget on there. I figured it'd be something I'd wonder about if anyone ever clicked it.

I go to random blogs frequently and notice they have 10-20 followers and I wonder how that ever happened. Maybe they're like friends at Facebook or Scribd, nobody really, or relatives. Or people are exchanging followers like this, I'll be yours if you'll be mine.

It gives me something to think about, though. Such as if I make this guy mad will he leave? If I fail to write something for a week will that be it? Many other questions arise in my (usually) tormented mind, but I don't want to state them, because it might tick him off.

Sometimes I have the thought that just shouting in a vacant building is preferable to a stadium full of people.