Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ten Minutes Here And There

"I only got four minutes to save the world!" What could I do with 10?

The minutes are counting down. No matter how much stuff I get done in advance, when this moment gets here I'm always pressed for time. Unexpected stuff pops up, taking people places, doing errands for people, helping to guide the irresponsible back to the path of a tolerable existence.

And that's what's on tap for this morning. It makes me wonder, is your existence really hanging by the thread called me? So I have approximately 10 minutes till I'm off, like Superman, to the rescue.

In 10 minutes I could listen to a couple songs. But I'm writing this, although I could listen to songs at the same time. Except I'm not. I could go double check everything to make sure I'm really ready, except I think I am. I could read a couple pages of something, maybe a few verses of something to help guide my thinking. I've already done that, so I think I'm good to go.

The time's ticking down, except there's about five minutes left, more or less. It's still not too late to do something super productive in those five minutes.