Monday, February 23, 2009

Bing Bing Bang

There's no end to tasks, challenges. But it's always better to face them head on, get them arranged in some logical order, then bing bing bang, work through them steadily till they're accomplished.

I'm like anyone else, sometimes, the things that can be postponed, let them go by for a while. But when the time is approaching when they need to be done, then to be goal- or task-oriented is, to me, the only way to live. Get them accomplished, 1 2 3 ...

The big worry is to sit here and have family trying to accomplished tasks, especially if I have some role in paying expenses, which happens once in a while, more often than it should. Anything could go wrong, like with renting moving trucks, getting leases filled out, getting rent paid, etc. There can be no end to it. But when an end, even a tentative end, arrives, it's a nice feeling. You did it!

Now it's evening. It's been a day like that, with my own tasks and those of family. I feel like a reluctant manager. I'd rather be on a desert island sometimes, but even then there'd be the various tasks related to survival. It's not all just drinking beer like on beer commercials.