Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Elvis Presley -- The Complete Gospel Recordings

I'm wondering if I have the complete gospel recordings by Elvis Presley by now. I did it a couple months ago, bought the three volumes of gospel CDs. His Hand In Mine, How Great Thou Art, and He Touched Me.

I heard there was a track, "Miracle of the Rosary," which wasn't on those CDs. So I was at a thrift store the other day and saw another CD, "Ultimate Gospel." I was pretty sure all the songs on it were taken from the other three CDs, but it had the "Rosary" song, so I bought it. Cheap, so no big deal.

But if that's all ... then that's all. I haven't looked it up to see, but I'm wondering what I would discover were I to do so.

The "Miracle of the Rosary" isn't even a very good song, in my opinion, and it's short. Like a minute and a half or so. Elvis, not being Catholic, I wonder what prompted him to record this song.