Sunday, June 8, 2008

So Many Records, So Little Time


Egghead - Jill Corey
If you like records, there are interesting blogs out there on the subject. I haven't seen many, but somehow I know they're out there.

Here's one I saw the other day -- and it's added several posts since then -- So Many Records, So Little Time. There are pictures (labels) of records by Inez & Charlie Foxx, The Move, Bo Diddley, Gloria Lynne, Boogaloo Joe Jones, Lonnie Youngblood, Brenda Lee, Georgie Fame, Buster Brown, and a few others. And also a player for listening to some of them.

I think I need one of those players.

The record pictured above is not from that site, but is one of my old favorite records. "Egghead" by Jill Corey. I've had an LP by her too, and maybe still have it somewhere. I've never heard the LP. The song "Egghead" is real cute. He's someone who is a brainiac, knows a lot, but not about love. "Egghead, you're such an egghead, you know an awful lot about an awful lot but there's an awful lot you don't know. You're a genius, you're a whizz. You can win most any quiz. But you're not so smart when it comes to the heart, you're the biggest fizz there is." But it has a happy ending, "Egghead, I love you so!"

So you can just embed songs, like videos. Oh, learn something everyday!