Friday, June 27, 2008

McCain Confuses His G.I. Bill Stand

Just the other day, John McCain was against the G.I. Bill of Rights, giving better benefits to veterans. That's against, in that he opposed it, didn't think it was a good idea, said no can do, it's no good, should not be done under any circumstances.

But now that the Bush-McCain opposition has been overcome and the bill made it through Congress, sailing through, McCain is taking credit for it. Is that unbelievable or what?

"I'm happy to tell you that WE probably agreed to an increase in educational benefits for our veterans that not only gives them increase in their educational benefits, but if they stay in for a certain period of time than they can transfer those educational benefits to their spouses and or children." (My exasperated emphasis.)

I'm going to be charitable and suggest maybe he's just confused.