Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Superman Cleans Up Burma

I've been hearing some things lately about the insane country of Burma.

As far as Governments Gone Wild go, I hear that Burma's is one of the worst. That, like North Korea, they're very oppressive of their people, to the point of being ridiculous about it.

I'd love to go over there and get it all straightened out. Throw out the crooks, the military dictatorship, and straighten out the corrupt police, etc. It's a country of 56 million, and I would guess about 55.9 million of those are more or less miserable. If I could show up and straighten it out, get their country back among the land of the normal, I'm sure they'd thank me.

But, alas, I'm just one weak guy. Who can't do much.

But if I were Superman, oh boy, that'd be great. I'd be over in North Korea today -- doing some speedy quick work to topple their crap government, destroy their political prisons, and establish freedom for all their citizens. Then the next day I'd be over in Burma, toppling their crap government, destroying their other corrupt institutions, and establishing peace and joy for every person (except the crooks at the top). The crooks at the top, I'd immediately banish to the Phantom Zone.

I'm serious. Any government that is brutal and oppressive -- especially to these ridiculous degrees -- they'd be answering to me -- Superman.