Saturday, May 1, 2010

You've Got A Screw Loose

The thing about having a screw loose is that you don't know you have. I think that's true.

You could have inklings of it. I think I have occasional inklings of it.

I'm thinking about my clarity. With age, of course we all have one foot in the grave. And our minds precede our feet, since we can be thoughtless cadavers even before the hospital will accept us for experimentation.

I've been moving. I've actually been moved in my new place for nearly a week but still the move is going on. There's boxes everywhere. Bookcases aren't set up, I'm not sure where to put anything.

About this "screw loose" theme, I felt like I had something of a loose screw while moving. But it could be a normal loosening of what can be re-tightened. Because moving carries with it a million little things that have to be done; it's enough to tax anyone.

When you don't know where things are, when you're schedule isn't yet rock-solid, things can be forgotten easier or overlooked entirely. So that's part of why I feel like I have a loose screw, probably.

I want clarity, I really do. And I believe I shall have it, especially if I go point by point through my tasks over the next few weeks. Then all my screws will be tight and I'll be all right!