Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Organic Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans

Someone gave me a pack of organic dark chocolate covered espresso beans for Christmas, which I left in the basket and kept under some other junk or in a closet.

But since I recently moved I was unpacking and saw the stuff in this basket, including these beans.

They were "best by" sometime in February. But I decided to try them anyway. It turns out I like them.

But the weird thing about them is I thought they were candy. The chocolate on them certainly is candy. But I ate about half the pack before I realized the insides are actual espresso coffee beans, not candy. So I'm eating coffee?!

Still, they're pretty good. The only problem with them is that coffee beans never melt in your mouth, so if you don't get every bit of it swallowed, hours later you'll be finding little pieces of coffee in there, maybe stuck between your teeth. That's annoying.